Thursday, May 9, 2013

Glossy Pages

If you follow along via Facebook or Instagram then you've probably already heard this news...but it's just too incredible to me not to share it here!  Way back when Young House Love featured our breakfast nook, it was like a whirlwind hit.  This poor little blog site was crashing from the sudden increase in traffic from readers clicking over for more details on the nook project.  So many sweet and thoughtful comments were left and some of you even stuck around as regular readers....have I ever thanked you for this?!?!  Truly, you all mean the world to me!

Apartment Therapy saw the feature over on John and Sherry's site and a couple of days later, they featured our nook on theirs.  Talk about an incredible week and feeling some blog-world love!  But it didn't stop there...

A few days later I was contacted by This Old House Magazine.  They were interested in featuring the nook as part of their "Budget Redo" column.  And I. about. died. 

Never in a million years did I dream that sharing our DIY efforts to turn this old house into a home for our family would land us in the pages of a real life magazine.  Well, technically it's only one page, but there she is in the June issue of This Old House Magazine!! 


They featured it on their website last week  and the June issue should hit news stands by the end of this week.  One of James' coworkers subscribes to the mag and brought in his copy a little early for us.  Seriously, Christmas in May I tell ya!



I'm just so overwhelmingly grateful that I get to do this....that I get to share a little bit of our life and home with you, be part of such a gracious and giving community, and experience opportunities that I never even dreamed to dream.  This blog has become so much more than just an outlet for a stay-at-home mom who likes to get her paint on.  And there are more exciting things happening for the blog this summer that I can't wait to share with you!  Thank you for all of your sweet comments and for stopping by each day.  You make this such a happy place for me, and I hope it's one for you too!



Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! I bought the May issue of the magazine, just in case you were in it. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your first magazine feature. I'm dying of curiosity now about what's coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely amazing! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I was excited to recognize your nook when it was featured on YHL, and it must be thrilling to see it in print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so cool! You really did a great job and deserve all of the recognition!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! So awesome!!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Such an honor!

    Liz@my life in projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cool. COngratulations!

    Britt@Creating Space for Five

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Deme!!! So exciting for you! It was that beautiful nook that brought me here and I've enjoyed your blog since then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Deme! You deserve it! Your blog is such a source of sunshine and inspiration in my day, and I'm sure in many others' days as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very proud of you Deme. You are so amazing and creative. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deme! This is awesome, I am so proud of you and not surprised at ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got chills! That's amazing!!! Is it super weird that I'm proud of you? Ahh so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You all seriously make me want to cry! Thank you for your sweet, sweet words!!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...