Thursday, May 2, 2013

Destructo Sully: Curtain Destroyer

Captain Destructo struck again.  Sully gets super excited sometimes.  Like can't control his body excited.  He has the highest of highs and lowest of lows.   In general, the kids are not supposed to play in the curtains, because of these I'm-so-excited-I-don't-even-notice-I'm-pulling-the-curtains-down moments.  Like this:

Pulled down the curtain and ripped the rod mount right out of the wall.
Last week, I wrote about how we are looking to give the living room an update, so really I need to thank Sully for getting us started.  I've wanted longer curtains for awhile and since we'll need to mount the rod higher (about the hole we'll be patching), I went searching for fabrics!

I'm still narrowing down the new color scheme for this room and the dining room, but here are some things that caught my eye on Fabric.com.

This bold ikat in a peacock blue.
Home Accents Caftan Ikat Peacock Blue 


Or emerald green
Amy Butler Home Décor Lark Kasbah Emerald


Lots of florals..
Covington Amagansett Fuchsia


P Kaufmann Rosie Raspberry


Or paisley.  Over my budget, but so pretty...
Robert Allen Ombre Paisley Poppy

A bit easier on the pocketbook...
Amy Butler Cameo Harriet's Kitchen Sugar


Or something a bit graphic.  

This one's a bit pricey...
Richloom Ibiza Embroidered Caribbean Blue 

 But this one's a steal...
Premier Prints Diva Chevron Twill Storm


More often than not, when I'm designing a room, my color scheme and inspiration come from a great fabric.  Whether it's a pillow, an upholstered chair or fabric I find for curtains.  As I've been looking around, I find myself drawn to the deeper greens (emerald is the Pantone color of the year after all!) and also rich blues.  And fresh white.  There's a lot of tan in our living room right now and white always lends a fresh feel to a space. 

Sharon from Dessert Willow Lane put together this mood board for her living room and I'm totally enarmored.  I love the saturated blues, greens, and fresh white, all accented with touches of gold and black/white.  

Living Room Tweaking 



I also need to think about tying in the pinks and corals happening in the kitchen and laundry area.  But I'm certainly feeling inspired!

How about you?  What colors are you drawn to lately?  Are you all about the floral trend?  I need to think about whether I'm leaning towards florals just because spring is finally in the air or if it's something I can live with all year round.  At least on a big room accent like curtains!



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how sad!! But I'm sure you're excited about new curtains!! I recently grabbed a yard of an ikat chevron print with aqua, citron, coral, and tan in it at Hobby Lobby! You should check them out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about Hobby Lobby! I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  2. I love the peacock blue ikat and the paisley. And LOL on "Captain Destructo" -- we used to call ours "Destructo-Baby" and now that he's a toddler, my older son has dubbed him "Chaos Man."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Both would be fitting for my boys too :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Deme. I'm loving the watery floral you picked out. So many fabrics, so few rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an eye for pattern! I especially love the first ikat and the second floral- gorrrrgeous!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...