Friday, May 17, 2013

A Request

I'm going to hold off on my post for today and ask instead for your prayers. The 6 year old little boy on that stretcher is Grant.  I was his nanny when he was a baby and his parents are Sully and Jack's Godparents. 

Grant and some other children were playing in a field on a farm while the family was on vacation.  A nearby horse got spooked and kicked Grant in the throat.  They've assessed that his trachea was broken and he is in critical condition.  He was without oxygen for a significant amount of time and although they were able to revive a heartbeat, brain function is unknown.  If you would keep this sweet boy, his other 5 siblings and his dear parents in your thoughts and prayers we would greatly appreciate it. Their faith is strong, hope secure, but hearts very fragile.  

I'll be sharing any updates on our family's Facebook page.  
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this, I will be thinking and praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deme, I am so sorry this happened. Grant and his family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We're hoping for some news tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, how terrible. Thinking and praying for their family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray as well. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ladies....Grant passed away peacefully last night. Please continue to keep this family in your thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I am so sorry to hear this and for you and his family and friends. I will be praying and thinking of you all. My heart goes out to all of you. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad. May you all find comfort in eachother during this difficult time. RIP sweet Grant

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this. So sorry to hear the news. He's in a much better place now. I will be praying for the family. I can't imagine how they must be feeling right now. :(

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...