Tuesday, April 9, 2013

When A Space Just Isn't Working

For anyone feeling like they just can't seem to get a handle on their home or life in general, this is for you.

My daughter's inspiring room....





Beyond crazy.  I know.  I do have to say that this is the state of her room after attempting to unpack from our trip to TX a week ago (I took these pics this morning), while simultaneously swapping out cold/warm weather clothes and bringing out clothes in the next size up.

I don't know how many times I've said, "Mia, we have to get your room cleaned up and under control".  But the room is much too overwhelming for her, and quite frankly, overwhelming for me too.  Which is why it's stayed like this for a week (and only slightly better for weeks before that).

The sad part is that if you asked me what rooms in the house were done, the only rooms I could tout as close to complete are the man cave and this one.  Yikes.

We even did a total overhaul of her room just 8 months ago, complete with a room reveal post.  And these pics are almost as bad as the before shots from back then.  We know that some things are working in here, but some things definitely are NOT.

I can't avoid this room any longer, or it may just eat us alive.  Once I allowed myself to start really thinking about how to improve things, the wheels were turning and I got excited about taking a second stab at her room.  Both functionally and with a few design tweaks.  A mood board is a comin'!

So who else has a room they just pretend doesn't exist because it's too much to think about?  Did you finally tackle it?  Did you live to tell about it?  I suppose if you didn't, we won't be hearing from you ;)


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I love seeing posts of messy rooms like this... it makes me feel better! (Except my kid's room isn't littered with clothes... the floor is covered with pointy little Lego pieces.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to tackle my craft/filming room! It is a disaster right now :(

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, kids will be kids ;-) I'm sure it will look need soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so much a room, but my closet. I organize it, tidy it up, and yet, for whatever reason, I still end up with clothes on the floor, whether in piles folded nicely or just tossed about. EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deme this is hilarious!

    I am working on completing a makeover of my little girls' shared bedroom and one of my inspiration rooms is your daughter's room! (Obviously, from the completed reveal you did last year), but just goes to show how rooms and messes evolve. The clothes merry go round as seasons and sizes change does make a clothing mountain out of a molehill though.

    Excited to see what you're gonna do, and kind of wishing you finished yours before I finish mine so I can glean from your experience, but I've gotta a deadline. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to put myself on a deadline here. Would love to see what you end up doing in there!

      Delete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...