Friday, February 15, 2013

Paint Party

Since the hubs is off at a coaching conference, I'm busting out the paint cans!  He loves paint cans.  Really he does.  He just doesn't know it yet. 

If you follow along on instagram (freshcoatofpaint) you may already have seen this:


I know I won't get through them all but I'm hoping to finish up the open cabinets...mainly, so we can get the microwave off the counter!  It's become a serious counterspace hog.  AND so that we can finally start shifting some things around in the cabinets.  It's the kind of job that will probably create a big disaster before it gets better.  The kind of job that usually sends James into stress mode, so I think this timing is pretty good.  Let's all pray that I get past the disaster phase of everything on the counter before he gets home ;)

I may tackle a few smaller paint projects that have been lingering on the to-do list too, but I'm setting the bar pretty low here.  I'm not tackling anything crazy, just trying to knock a few things off the list.

Anyone else have plans to hit the "to-do" list?  Whether it's painting or just enoying some extra time with family and friends, I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Deme, sounds like a big job. Can't wait to see it when you're done. I may wind up having to work this weekend a little big, so don't know if I'll get much done :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! that's awesome! my hubs just went out of town last weekend and i broke out the paint too! it's amazing what you can get done when you have no one to cuddle with!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been putting off painting our cabinets for YEARS. My father painted the open cabinets white in one half of the kitchen about, oh, three years ago, and the rest are still old, ugly and cream. It's hands-down the project I'm best at procrastinating. So goooood luck. And thanks for commenting on my crafting post. Readers: 1.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...