Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Office Update: Storing Printer Paper

This effort to turn our guest bedroom into a shared office space continues to move at the pace of an injured turtle.  So I'll just keep sharing our small victories along the way.  Today, our printer paper is happily thanking us for it's new home!

 Not only were the piles of school/household/work papers a problem in our home, but our supply of printing papers were crying for help too.  Our card stock was buried in a pile of scrap booking papers, our address labels were actually in their box (...with the wrapping paper of course), and our regular printing paper was camped out on the floor by the printer.  We're a class act here, friends.

I found this wall mounted wire organizer at Home Goods a couple months ago and finally took the 3 minutes to mount it.  The openings are the perfect size for our paper supplies.

I printed off a few simple labels for each bin.  From the top down we have "printing paper", "card stock", and "labels".

It has such a narrow profile that it leaves a really small footprint in the closet.  Maximizing the wall space allowed us to free up other valuable closet real estate for some of our bigger storage needs.  

Our paper supplies are now all in one place, off the ground and easy accessible.  Definitely a win!  

How do you store your printing paper and supplies?  Should I be concerned about them getting dusty and causing printing problems?  Time will tell!



Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. You can always knock the dust off before loading the paper in the printer. I'd actually be more worried about curling - especially the label stock if you don't use it often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great but yeah, I'd be worried about the printer paper as I think it is best to store it flat.
    BTW: after being inspired by your nook post, I finally tackled our dining corner and went with hubby to some second hand/antique stores and found a fab old church pew to use at our table for a ton more space. Really love it now! Rearranging the whole table has made that space work much better and now I even have a wall free for some hooks to hang bags. Thanks for the inspiration/kick up the butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An old church pew for seating?? Sounds fantastic!! I'm so glad it working better for your family!

      Delete
  3. I've had my eye on that exact organizer at TJ Maxx! :) I do think I'd be concerned about printer paper getting a bend/curl to it, though. We're redoing our office later this spring, and I plan on getting some cute storage boxes to store printer paper in and keep it flat. If you decide you don't like the hanging storage, maybe that'd be worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on the curling issue...so far so good but I also have thick stacks in there right now. The boxes are a great option Kenzie! I'll keep my eye out for some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if you took an 8.5x11 piece of MDF (covered in cute paper of course) and placed it at the front of the stack so that the paper is laying against it. That way it wouldn't curl due to gravity. It may still slouch though:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that space! And what about the gold polka dots on the wall (did I miss a post)? I love them with the black and white chevron striped boxes, and the paper holder (I think I saw that at Home Goods). I'm still just obsessed with the white walls and gold polka dots though because I have been loving that look. I hope you'll share about that, if you haven't already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No post on the dot wall yet - I still need to finish the top half of the closet :) I also need to finish the tags for the storage boxes/baskets in the cubbies. Coming soon!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I hadn't read the last few days and you are certainly on an organizing kick! Excellent job. I love that paper organizer and soooo wanted to get it from home goods just because it was beautiful. Great use of it! Did I miss an office post that shows gold speckles on the wall? I just love classing up closet spaces-an organizers dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Since the closet will be behind closed doors, I thought it would be a fun spot to add some girly touches :) A post on the wall is coming soon!

      Delete
  8. I have a wall hanging not unlike this and we store our printer paper in it. We haven't experienced curling, bending or crumpling. If you are worried about your labels, you can get some thick cardboard or foam board and cut 2 pieces to the size of your label sheets and place the labels in between. It'll keep em straight and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...