Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fresh Coat Of Paint Turns One!

I can hardly believe I'm writing this post.....yesterday was this blog baby's 1 year anniversary!!!  Or is it one year birthday?  Either way, it was one year ago that I started this little blog to document our attempts to bring our new, old house out from beneath the 70's wallpaper and make it into our home.  We're totally unqualified for the DIY job, but it just adds to the fun!

The biggest surprise and joy of this past year, has been "meeting" all of YOU!  All of our family is out of state, so a big part of starting the blog was to keep our family up to date on our happenings and house progress.  Slowly but surely, more and more of you stopped by.  Whether you stumbled here by accident or saw something that peaked your interest, the fact that you take time out of your day to stop in means the world!  Your sweet comments completely make my day and I especially love to hear the success stories in your own homes that you've shared with me. 

A blogger can easily get wrapped up in numbers..how many followers, page views, "likes", pins, yada yada.   But when it comes to measuring the success of a blog, I think that's determined by each blogger and their personal goals. I've thought about this in the weeks leading up to today.  How do you measure success as a blogger?

I got an email from a friend this weekend, who mentioned that some of the projects she's seen on the blog, inspired her to tackle some projects in her own home and embrace the colors she's always loved.  Be still my heart!  I had no idea she even read the blog!  It. made. my. day.  Anytime someone reads or sees something here that inspires them to go for an idea they have for their own home, seriously makes me giddy inside. While I do have goals and think about the numbers, that inspiration is success for me. 

For a long time I operated out of fear and was very calculated when it came to choices for our home.  What if this will affect the home when it comes time to sell? What if I hate this in a year? What if I completely ruin this beautiful piece of wood furniture (which I have)? What if? What if? What if?  OR what if I totally love it?

Over the past year, I've managed to dig up some courage and start taking risks - starting small is still starting.  We've definitely had some flops, but we've had some huge wins too!  And the biggest risks in our home have had the biggest and best payoff.
 


I'm feeling so grateful and expectant for this year ahead.  I have some exciting things to share and I just want to thank everyone who has made this blog such a happy spot for me each day....so, this week we're celebrating!  I hope you're ready to party, because I've got some FUN stuff coming your way!  Including the first giveaways on the blog (that's right - plural.  As in more than one), and some news for the coming year!  There may be a couple of double post days, so we can also share the projects we've been tackling around here.

It's both ironic and sentimental that the project I was painting on this blog's birthday is the same as the first project I shared here a year ago - a painted blue bed for a sweet little boy who's moving on up from his crib.  Except this time it's for a different little buddy.  We won't go into how I feel about taking down the crib, or this could get ugly.  Like mascara running down my cheeks ugly.

For now, consider this your personal invitation to Blogiversary week here at Fresh Coat Of Paint! We're kicking tomorrow off with a giveaway that I'm certain you will heart!



Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on a year! And thanks for the inspiration. It's always hard to put yourself out there but well done on doing your thing without worrying about the likes and the numbers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Deme! Your blog is a treasured part of my morning routine! Thanks for inviting us all into your life. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dallas - your comments always brighten my day!

      Delete
  3. Still so in love with that Breakfast nook. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! GREat. JOb with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, that's so exciting! My two favorite projects are the Nate Berkus chop and your incredible nook (I think I previously commented that I felt so cool because I "discovered" you before you were featured on YHL)
    I'm looking forward to your celebratory week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Deme! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us :) You are definitely a successful blogger and you were one of my first readers! You were so encouraging and I'm so glad I "met" you!

    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogaversary! I am so proud of you and as a "tried blogging" and quit gal- I KNOW how much time and work it takes to keep this awesome blog and your family in tip top shape. You inspire me and all of your readers so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Deme and here's wishing you, your family and your blog continued happiness, growth and success in the year to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on one year Deme! I really love reading both your blogs. You are an excellent writer and I find you very inspirational. Blessings to you and your lovely family!
    Caroline Landon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave me such a sweet note, Caroline!

      Delete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...