Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snow Day and A Cookie Recipe!

Today is normally a school day for both Mia and Sully, but Albuquerque was dusted with 2 inches of snow, which means school delays and cancellations.  Yes, you read that correctly. Inches, not feet.

Since Mia and Sully are both in half day programs, a 2-hr delay means that school is cancelled for them.  Which means that all 3 kiddos were home today.  Which means my productive morning plan to finish up my project I intended to share today was a wash.

Instead, our productivity took on the form of a white cloud in the kitchen as we baked up our favorite cookies - Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  Yum!  And I justify them as "healthy", because there are oats in there, right?  Ok, they're still a cookie.  But they do call for less white sugar and flour than other recipes...and they're totally delish! 


Perfect snack for a "snow day"...which for us means watching the few white inches melt by noon.




Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I'm gonna try these right now! And I wish we'd get a snow day, but that would mean feet, not inches, which isn't gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try these cookies today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them and my husband says they are now one of his top five favorites. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh these are probably up my aisle since I am not a sweet tooth kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow very nice cookies recipe thanks for sharing this with us.
    Cosmetic Surgery India

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...