Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Golden Feather For The Filing Cabinet

Although, we've been sharing a few kitchen/nook projects lately, we are still focusing our main efforts on the office this month. 

I shared my new workspace in our his/hers shared office here.  And now I'm trying to keep my brave girl pants on as I tackle the depths of the closet and our paper piles.  The process of pulling out everything in a room and attempting to purge through it all can be overwhelming, but there is such a great sense of satisfaction and a sigh of relief at the end of it.  I'm trying to keep that in mind as we slowly plow through! 

One of the key players in helping us tame our paper is a file cabinet.  Clever right?  I tossed around a few ideas for unique storage but at the end of the day we had a white file cabinet with ample room for filing papers and added storage for desk/office supplies.  It was the right (and free!) solution.

Of course, I couldn't just leave her alone.  Back here I shared how we first gave her a fresh coat of deep blue paint (spray paint by Valspar: Indigo Blue), and later dressed her up with an unsteady hand-painted peacock feather. 
I liked the feather but didn't love the white paint.  Lately, nothing seems to be safe from my "Golden Pearl" paint from Martha Stewart and this feather was the next victim. 

I used a small art brush to paint right over my white lines with the gold paint.  The white ended up acting like a primer, so that I didn't have to use multiple coats of gold. 

 It's a little lighter than I anticipated but I'm digging the gold much better than the white.

 The cabinet is in it's new spot to the right of my desk (for handy filing).  Now we just need to take care of the top and wall above it - some fun things are in store! 

Here's a look at the Before/After.....

BEFORE
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XtOvRs_9e8c/UEe1poW802I/AAAAAAAAEJ0/WFpnyWglvV0/s1600/peacock+file+cabinet+016.JPG

AFTER

I love it when a small change makes a big difference!  Is anyone else dressing up their standard issue office storage?   Has anyone else gotten the golden fever? 



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I never thought a filing cabinet could be gorgeous, but that is gorgeous! Two of my favorite color combinations, gold and navy blue. Hopefully, takes a little bit of pain out of filing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I am loving that gold color on the feather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh much better. I never used to like gold but it is popping up on so many fun things that it is growing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either but I think small doses is the key for me :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...