Sunday, December 23, 2012

Weekend Wardrobe: The Sick Edition

Mia's last day of school was Friday and on Saturday morning she woke up on cue with a cold :(  She managed to dodge the flu and other bugs that had been circulating her classroom until now...but at least we're at home and my parents are here for backup. 

Did I mention the boys got it too? Yup.  And with an allergy attack that had me sneezing on everything, the only one who made it to Mass this morning was James.  Way to go, Babe.

For the past few days it's been too cold to play outside and with 3 sick kids, we were experiencing some serious cabin fever.   It was a really nice day (not cold enough to trigger more snot than was already on the move from three little noses), so out we went to the backyard.  Sometimes fresh air is the best medicine. Or can intensify the sick induced crankiness...


I sipped on something warm while James was roped into wagon rides.

Since I kept my own snot at home and away from my fellow parishioners, James excitedly assumed he was off the hook for taking an outfit shot this week. That probably would have been a good decision.  Behold, the randomness....

I know.  But it's "What I Wore" this Sunday, in all it's blah glory. 

I am so looking forward to Christmas Mass - for many reasons.  We are praying for a healthy family that can fully celebrate together! 

It's been hard to embrace the anticipation of Advent and Christmas fast approaching when a nasty bug just makes everything seem more like work and less like joy.  But we are trying to pull our heads out of the icky fog and turn our eyes to the manger.  Even if we're each still toting around a box of Kleenex.  We pray that each of you has a safe and blessed Christmas with those you love!


*Linked up with "What I Wore Sunday" at Fine Linen & Purple


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Oh i love it! Scarf, green pants, relaxed cardi, and top knot -- all excellento.

    Hope health visits your home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do I know what you mean about being sick at Christmas. Last year was horrible for that for my house. There were no Christmas cards or baking. I recommend letting go of any guilt of not doing things like past years and just relax and enjoy the peacefulness of the season. I hope you all feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't know how you do it, but you still look fab to me! Also, and I know this is random, but I think that white kitchen you featured a few weeks ago is for sale an hour away from our house. Which is tooooo weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But those pants are fabulous! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy how bugs can make you feel thrown off kilter during Advent & Christmas. Hope you feel better soon! Love those pants, and your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for good health to go with that fab scarf and superstar glasses!!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...