Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend Wardrobe: Neutrals And A Bit O Pink

We picked up my mom from the airport last night and she was welcomed to Albuquerque with a light dusting of snow this morning! 

Really.  It snowed.  Can't you see it?  It's like Where's Waldo...just keep looking for it.

The only light pink I could find for this 3rd Sunday in Advent was in these earrings. I did use my pink purse, but forgot to grab it for the pic.

My mom always brings me the best "I got this for myself but it didn't fit" hand-me-downs.  This winter white sweater was the latest and was perfect for a cold icy morning.   This pic is courtesy of Sully - the kid has some mad 3yr old photography skills..

He also grabbed this one of my mom and I.   Isn't she lovely?  :)

Not only did my mom bring an awesome sweater, she brought a bag of my Grandmother's costume jewelry.

I couldn't hold back the tears as I went through each piece.  I have vivid memories of her wearing so many of them and am so grateful for such an incredible treasure.  I can't wait to wear them.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!


Rundown on the duds.....

Coat: Forever 21
Sweater: wrongly sized from my Mom
Grey pants: Mossimo via Target
Zebra belt: TJ Maxx
Earrings: Target
Nude heels: Rack Room Shoes 


*Linking up again with the fine ladies at Fine Linen And Purple!



Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. You look so chic, as always! I thought and thought about what pink to wear, but gave it up and went for the orange and being on time to Mass instead. Those jewels of your grandmothers are beautiful! I'm sure you will enjoy wearing them and remembering her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that jacket, it looks so wonderful! The jewelry looks wonderful and sentimental as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME coat! :) Great look, overall! Enjoy your momma time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's really special to have your Grandma's jewelry. Your son did a pretty good job taking those pics. Your outfit is great, but I am a fan of your jacket most of all. i always love me some ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great as usual! Love the sweater, I'm going through this cream/ivory phase which is weird for me!
    And I can't believe it snowed in Albuquerque! I do not remember any snow in Breaking Bad.
    And isn't grandma costume jewelry the best?!? I hope day I pass on my trinkets to some granddaughters who think its crazy and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell your mom I like her hair :-) I love it when a lady keeps her natural hair color. I think it's very classy and dignified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kinsi - I will pass on your sweet comment to her :) She let it go naturally grey a couple of years ago and I love it!

      Delete
  7. Love the coat and holy WOW on the amazing and precious hand me down from grandma fun jewelry. Just lovely! clearly you got it from yo' mama!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your belt and thought it was super fun. Poor little Jack all photo'd out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom brings me clothes like that too -- it's my favorite way to shop! Definitely mad 3yo photo skills. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mad skills for the three-year-old photographer! I also really like your crosses and you book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomas! It's my favorite nook in the house :)

      Delete
  11. What an amazingly beautiful, special gift! I can't wait to see how you wear your grandma's jewelry! You look beautiful. And can I just say that you have perfect eyebrows??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the outfit and can't wait to see pictures in the future of you wearing your grandmother's jewelry! And the nude heels are awesome! I love mine! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shoes are great, your mother is beautiful, and awesome collection of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit! That belt is so fun, and I love your heels! The jewelry is really pretty- so special to have something of your Grandma's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the thought of you looking at your Grandma's jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...