Thursday, December 13, 2012

Small Merry Updates

We're still plugging away at getting our home ready for Christmas - like the little engine that could over here!  I didn't want to stress over decorations this year....over what we put up or how fast we do it.  I had a few crafty projects in mind to try and some ideas for how to switch up the decorations we already have, but I've taken the pressure of getting it done by (fill in the blank) off myself.  And it's been a lot more fun :)

I have a festive project that I hope is dry enough to share tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's a quickie holiday update we made to a fall item.

Remember the coffee bean and vanilla candle piece we did here?

I pulled out the dried branches and replaced them with some sparkly silver tinsel....


Instant holiday!
I may throw some ornaments in the base too, but this is going into the family room/man cave.  So, I'll wait until we actually get it in there before I change things up.

Coffee beans probably don't fall into the "holiday scent" category, but I just can't get enough of the nutty-chocolatey pinon bean + vanilla aroma.  I may try to swap the vanilla candles for a peppermint smell...peppermint mocha goodness anyone??




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh Deme I love it! The sparkly tinsel looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deme,
    Your Christmas decorations are adorable. I'm behind on everything, including reading my favorite blogs :)

    Take Care,
    Sharon @ Desert Willow Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive! I love being able to switch out decor for any season. Win-Win.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...