Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Wardrobe: Mint & Feathers

We woke up to a grey rainy morning, totally out of character for our corner of the desert.  So, I took an outfit that I would normally wear in spring and added some cozy layers for church this morning.

I grabbed this skirt on sale awhile ago and haven't worn it yet.  A high waisted skirt does wonders for us postpartum mommies.  Yes, my baby is almost 2.  It's still "baby weight" until they're like 5, right? 

I finally found a chain for my Our Lady Of Guadalupe medal...just borrowed it from another necklace.

The navy tights and close-toed shoes kept me plenty warm.
Is anyone else creeped out by the angle of my ankle?  Me too.  I can't help it - it's what it does.

Bad hair day = top knot. Super easy and no fuss.

I've had these earrings forever and liked the way they played off the brass snaps down the front of the skirt.  Which I didn't show you.  Oops. I was also wearing my Rosary bracelet with aqua beads...that I didn't show you either.  Still a work in progress here!

 Jacket/tights/shoes: Target | Skirt: Downeast Basics | Sweater: Old Navy | Infinity scarf: gift

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


I'm linked up at Fine Linen & Purple!

Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. love the whole outfit, but I especially adore your shoes! Also kinda jealous because I have yet to master the cute hair knot. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! Pinterest was my goldmine for easy tutorials on the top knot - super easy :)

      Delete
  2. Love that bright pop of blue at your feet! Ah, tights and a scarf- so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving those tights! Soooo cozy for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job layering and I love the ruffle detail on your jacket. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the whole outfit! Those shoes are so cute, and I'm also jealous of the knot. It looks effortless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The knot really was easy...thanks to Pinterest ;)

      Delete
  6. Very cute! I love the whole outfit, especially the shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sppsh.. your ankle pose is very supermodel-like. Haha. I love the entire outfit: the detail of the skirt and the jacket, the layer, the colored tights & shoes, the fuss-free hair. Bravo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pop of color with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those shoes, such a fun color! And I do the same thing with my ankle in pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, I am obsessed with your whole outfit! :) Great shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your outfit, especially your new skirt. And I like the ruffle detail on your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great scarf and hair knot! My baby is 9--and I still have the "baby weight" LOL!!, so I'd say @ 2 you are totally fine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the scarf. And the skirt. And just pretty much the whole thing. Thanks for participating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! The shoes and skirt especially... I wish I could make my hair do a knot like that, but I can never make it stay without extreme measures since my hair is extremely thick and long.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In love with this entire outfit! To my husband's chagrin, I may need to augment my opaque tights collection, yes ma'am.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...