Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 30: Reusing Costumes

As much as I've been tempted to buy some new cute costumes for the kids, reality is, they are expensive.   The costumes my kiddos wore last year were a little big, which means they actually fit great now.  So, my Sully will be Sully Monster from Monsters Inc for one more year.  It's this costume from Old Navy: 

 

Everything is right except for the one eye - Sully Monster actually has two.  But who's counting eyeballs. 


Mia was a strawberry last year (also a costume from Old Navy):

It was also a bit large, so she could easily rock that berry sweetness again this year.....OR she could be one of the many princesses from her dress-up bin.  Sleeping Beauty has been the at the top of the costume discussion, so I have a feeling it will be a Princess with Monster in tow.

And what about the baby...well, there is no way that big boy will fit his infant dinosaur costume from last year.  Since we decided to save money and just reuse costumes we already own for the big two, I picked up a lot of lime green felt and some smaller pieces in different colors to make a costume for Jack.

Any guesses?  Hint: he'll be a trusty little sidekick for his big bro.....IF I can pull it off in time!

Hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!  And to any of you that live in the wake of Sandy or have loved ones that do, our prayers for safety, provision and hope are with you.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for another year of Sully Monster! hhmmm I think I know what Jack is going to be.... possibly Mike Wazowski? ;)

    Well as sweet as Mia is, going as a strawberry makes perfect sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Nothing wrong with a recycled Halloween costume, as long as they still fit. Congrats on making your 31 day challenge. I've really enjoyed it and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...