Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3: Instruments As Art

I knew the garage would be one of the places I could find useful stashed away goodies.  So, as I thought about looking for old/forgotten things I could put to use around the house, the garage was my first stop. 

While digging through our tool bin I found this:
Years ago I purchased three of these when we planned to hang the hubs' guitars up in our old house.  Mmmmm....never happened.

But it turned out to be quite the handy purchase for this house too!  Our living room is also a music room of sorts.  My childhood piano is in there and all the kids' instruments are in a large basket under one of the end tables.  I've been on the fence about how to address the blank walls flanking the window.....family pics, art, display shelves...I couldn't decide.

Finding that guitar mount gave me a different idea altogether.  James' guitar is now hanging in the same room as the rest of our instruments!  It's readily available for him to pick up and play, and it doubles as personal "art" for our space.  


It was a totally free update, and one that will hopefully encourage us to bring music into our home more often!

*Check out all the 31 Day links by clicking on the 31 day button on the sidebar!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Do great minds think a like or what? We were just trying to find a guitar mount for our cinder block walls to put out the hubs' guitar as well. I love how simple but beautiful it looks on your wall. Excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great Deme. My daughter is taking guitar this year in school, and I was considering mounting her guitar to the wall like you did. Now, seeing how great yours looks, I'll definitely be adding that to my list of things to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! We have had Nate's on our wall since we first moved in. :) He rarely plays it, though! Maybe I should learn . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has a few instruments hanging up and it sure helps him play more often. Unfortunately we don't have a lovely clear space like yours to hang it, his are hanging behind doors, in the corner ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours has been a similar story for years - except ours were shoved in the closet. Glad to know he plays them more often..even if they are in the corner :)

      Delete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...