Monday, September 24, 2012

Ombre Gone Too Far?

Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend!  I finally had my hair cut on Saturday after an embarrassing 5 MONTHS.  It was long, heavy, and in a daily spat with my hair brush.  My fab hair genie is amazing.  She kept my length but added a ton of layers.  My head feels 10 lbs lighter. 

It's been years since I've colored my hair, but I'm seriously drooling over this look:

Fall hair color 


I love the dark roots gradually getting lighter towards the ends.  One of the reasons I haven't colored my hair in so long is the frequent (and pricey) maintenance.  This would be much less of an investment in time and money.  And I just. love. it. 

What do you think?  Is taking the ombre trend to your head too much?  I'll give it a few more weeks and see if I'm still in love before taking the plunge.  

I'm wrapping up a few projects from the weekend today and am excited to share them with you this week!  


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. My hair has the ombre look going on with it now... not because I had it styled that way, but be cause I have been letting my hair grown out it's natural (Well what it's natural color is now...) color. So it goes from a dark auburn to light. HA! Good thing it's trendy or I'd just look weird. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it if the ombre is within a few shades of the same color it is okay. I have seen a few celebs where it is purple ombre. I am not so into that. However-I just read about a product in my September issue of In Style that I am dying to try. It is a highlighting spray that activates with a flat iron! So you spray it on the piece where you want it and then iron it. So easy to place the highlights. And it is super fast plus the spray is only $8 at CVS. Like you I am waiting a few weeks to decide if I want to color my hair as I finally have it all natural. BTW....On Monday I could not figure out what it was that was different about you. Then I realized it was your awesome haircut/blow dry!!! It was lovely and I so meant to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jumped on the ombre train about a month ago. I already had my hair a really light brown with blonde highlights and was tired of the maintenance. I was nervous about having my stylist attempt it because he'd never done it before. Instead of dyeing my whole crown dark, he put in some lowlights in a chocolate brown color at the crown. It blends so well and the bottom of my hair is still the old brown-blonde color. I love it so far and no longer have to go to the salon for root maintenance every 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...