Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Great Picture Swap - How To Store Rotating Pictures

So this is embarrassing, but I still have this frame sitting in my living room.....with the same winter/Christmas picture of the kids.  And it's now August.

The picture is actually too small for the frame but I threw it in there to have something up at Christmas time. Today I finally broke down and took 5 minutes to do something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

First, I gathered 4-5 of my favorite pictures that fit the size of this frame.  I love the pic I started with of Mia and Sully a few years ago (this was actually our Christmas card shot that year), so I swapped it out for a larger size.  Then, I grabbed another favorite summertime pic of Mia as a baby (such a little ham!), and finally, another couple non-seasonal pics from our wedding day that could be out year round.


I'm claiming the last few weeks of summer and placing Mia's swimming picture on top.  I stacked up the other pics underneath and placed them all back in the frame.


Now months later, the winter picture is finally gone and a summer pic is in it's place.  Well, the Christmas one is not really gone.  It's hidden behind Mia's sweet bathing beauty pic along with the other wedding shots.  

So the next time I get the inclination to swap out pictures, I don't have the excuse that I have to go hunt down a new one...they're all right there!

It's a great way to store the pictures that are most special to us, and it's very easy to change them out as we take new pictures and make new memories.

Now to do it for the other frames in our home!

.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I sometimes think I will someday bite the bullet and do the electronic frames so there are slide shows but hey yours is MUCH cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deme, I do this too! Every one of my frames has a picture stack. I seriously have thousands upon thousands of photos and it just takes too long to search, I do stack my pics. It really does save a lot of time, and brings a smile to my face every time a rotation is needed.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...