Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The No-Slip Clip Trick!

For all of you with little girls, especially tiny ladies with super fine hair, take note!

My daughter Mia was pretty close to bald until she was two.  When her hair finally started to grow in and I wanted to pin back her bangs, the only clips that worked were from my friend Jenny.  She has an adorable Etsy shop (Sugar Plumb Tree) where she sells handmade accessories for sweet little ones.

She made this clip to coordinate with Mia's outfit for a wedding:


And several others just for fun:

I've ordered a few things from her shop and her clips are by far the best!  She uses an everyday non-slip material to keep clips in place and I asked her if I could share it with you here today (thanks, Jenny!).

The key is adding shelf liner (the spongy waffle weave kind - how's that for a professional description) to the inside of the clip grip.  You can find a single roll at most stores for around $5.00...and that roll will make thousands of clips!

I bought a roll of shelf liner to attempt making some clips myself but I first started by adding a small strip to the clips we already have that constantly fall out of Mia's hair.  I cut a strip the length of the clip and attached it to the top prong with a small amount of hot glue.

Totally did the trick - no more skiwampas clip!  Best of all it's super easy and super affordable.  So, go buy yourself a roll and put the clip adjusting madness to an end!


*Jenny did a week of flower tutorials on her blog awhile back - check it out for some great tips on creating your own sweet clips that won't slip...along with some other awesome flower projects!

What easy tricks do you have up your sleeve using regular household items?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I stopped putting clips for that very reason! THanks for sharing plus I think I may order some from your friend's shop because now that Little E's hair is coming in thick (at only one-she get's that from dad) I need to pin the bangs!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...