Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Heart....IHeart Organizing!

I'm going to try to control my fingers that are doing a happy dance on the keyboard right now as I type something utterly fantastic!  Forgive any typos ;)

Later today, Fresh Coat of Paint will be featured over at...

IHeart Organizing


Say Whaaaat?!?!  That was my reaction too when Jen contacted me about a feature in her Reader Space Edition.  A few months back she had asked for blog contributors over the summer months.  She received a ton of interest (of course she would!), but I submitted a what-do-I-have-to-lose email anyway.

She picked some amazing bloggers to add to her contributing team, some of which I was already following!  I still consider myself a newbie to the blogging world, so afterwards I felt a little silly for submitting my work for consideration.

BUT...a couple of weeks later I got an email from her asking if I would still be interested in partnering up for the Reader Space Edition.  I about fell out of my chair.  And I may or may not have drooled on my computer keyboard in my stunned stupor.

Jen's blog is one of the first blogs I ever started reading and was one of the main inspirations for me to document our own adventures in turning this house in much need of a facelift, into our home sweet home.

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing Fresh Coat of Paint with your wonderful readers today, Jen!  I am beyond grateful and so excited!  I'm pretty sure I'll be on cloud nine all day...so let's hope I don't leave the water running or forget to pick a child up from school in my giddy state!

If it is at all possible that you've never seen Jen's blog, hop on over to IHeart Organizing right now for oodles of inspiring home organization, delicious design eye candy, and a truly lovely blog-spot that is always a highlight in my day!










Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Hey Deme! Congrats on you iHeart feature. I'm pretty new to blogging too and I was excited to see that you also live in Albuquerque. I love what you've done with your home, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! And how great to meet a fellow NM blogger! Off to check out your site..

      Delete
  2. Hi there,
    Just saw your feature on iheart organizing. love jen's blog!! your children's rooms are so adorable! I came over to read some more : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! LOVE iheart organizing too :) Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I realize this wasn't the focus of your daughter's vanity makeover but the most important question is...where, oh where, did you get the butterflies on the wall??? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this made me laugh! I found them on the end caps in the flower section of Michael's. It was during spring so I'm not sure if they still carry them but they had butterflies, dragonflies, and birds. All sparkly, all adorable :)

      You can see how we attached them here:
      http://freshpaintabq.blogspot.com/2012/05/butterfly-focal-wall.html

      Delete
  4. Deme your mom is bragging on you at work today! :)
    I've been reading both your blogs for several months and just LOVE them! You are a very talented writer and designer. I'm not at all surprised that Jen featured your post on her blog; you totally deserve it!
    Blessings,
    Caroline Landon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too sweet, Caroline - thank you!

      Delete
  5. Deme, I am over the moon, beyond thrilled for you. You are such an amazing person and your tips and tricks are the best. You are a true talent. Hugs for you my cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to have found 2 more fantastic blogs to follow... A Fresh Coat of Paint and iHeart Organzing. Super exiting. I started blogging myself and I am really excited to step into this world to share the love of organization and design with people who have such as passion for it as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on jumping on the blog-train, Cyndi! I'm sure your passion for organizing and design will shine through!

      Delete
  7. Hi Deme, I found your feature on "iHeart Organizing" and dropped by to see if I could find any info on that fantastic rainbow scalloped pillow. I was happy to find both the fabric and the tutorial to make the cover on your site. Thanks a bunch and I can't wait to use it on our rainbow themed playroom that I'm working on! I can't wait to see what other wonderful things you create.
    Andrea
    projectsimplehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that fabric would be fantastic in a playroom! Sounds like you have a fun, colorful plan in the works :) I would love to see it when you're done!

      Delete
  8. Hi Deme,

    I too am here via I♥ Organizing...and today I went and bought some 220 grit drywall sandpaper for my 60 yr old toilet! Wow! Your tip REALLY worked!

    I am so happy with the results of doing such a little insignificant thing, LOL. I have tried to clean that stubborn ring for the two years we have lived here-Clorox overnight, CLR, etc etc-never thought to use sandpaper. Since it is a mineral buildup, it makes sense to scrub it off.

    Thanks so much for this tip-it's my FAVE one this year, and I've pinned it to my Pinterest DIY Greatness board :)

    http://pinterest.com/susanstargirl/diy-greatness/

    Have a great Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! I'm so glad it did the trick! Enjoy your weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...