Monday, May 28, 2012

A Fresh Coat of Paint For The Office!

Finally!  Three weeks after I started, I finally have all four walls painted.  Instead of clearing out the room to paint, I moved all the stuff to the middle of the room or out of the area I was currently painting.  The room is small, which meant I had to wait for the paint to dry in one area and then move the furniture and mounds of stuff around to paint the next section.  Smart?  No.  But what can I say...I was lazy and it ended up being more work in the long run.  Call it a lesson learned! 

Enough about that - how about the paint?!  I LOVE it.  We went with Valspar's Notre Dame in flat enamel. It's a cool, soothing blueish grey that will be the backdrop for our white/navy/green/pink color scheme...and I'm thrilled it worked out so well!  It was an extra can of paint I had from a different project. We're all about using what we have but I wasn't sure how it would look in this space and with this lighting.  Truly, it's perfect!  The color has great depth but it's also light enough to keep the room feeling open and bright.

Everything going in this room is still in a monstrous pile in the middle of the floor (which will hopefully be more of an ant hill soon) but I was able to move my desk over to my new work area! 
I can't tell you how excited I am to actually have my laptop on a desk.  I know, it should be the other way around, but I'm so much more productive at a desk vs. feet up on the couch and computer on my lap.

 My laptop looked a little lonely, so I cut a few roses from our backyard to keep her company until all the other office goodies come in.


Oh they make me happy.  Bring on the pink, Baby! 

Having the walls painted and most of the furniture in place is serious motivation to get the room put together. I'll share our progress and some other fun projects this week!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...