Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Special Place For A Special Piece

My children's great grandmother works with wheat.  I'm not talking about grinding it down and making bread from scratch with it......she twists and manipulates it into unbelievable creations.  She has made a cross from wheat for each of our children when they were born. 

She beautifully matted and framed this one for the boys:

The detail just blows my mind...

The cross she made for our daughter came with a mounting hook on the back.  We had it hanging near her bed but felt it needed a more prominent casing for such a special piece.  So here's what I started with....

-My daughter's beautiful cross
-A piece of scrapbook paper from my stash
-A small shadow box from Michael's


The detail on this cross is pretty amazing too..

First I took the back off the shadow box and cut out a piece of scrapbook paper to size.

The shadow box came with a sticky piece to attach whatever you are displaying, so I just used that to adhere the paper

I used a dab of hot glue at each corner of the cross to secure it to the paper and reassembled the box. Done!

It was a super easy little project that gave a much more appropriate home for such a special piece.

Now for where to put it...hhhmmmm
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love shadow boxes for amping up the wow factor in a piece. And talk abou t WOW! I can't believe those crosses. Oh the time it must take to assemble those. Each part was truly breathtaking. What a talented lady/artist!

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...